What's the idea behind Score 4 Hockey Dreams?
- Work together with your team; tell your club, friends, family and neighbours about Score 4 Hockey Dreams and find supporters.
- Supporters can sponsor your team for each goal scored or with a fixed amount.
- Sponsoring can be for the full contest period (September – mid April) or for a part of it.
- Keep in touch with your sponsors and let them know how many goals your team scored.
- Collect the sponsor contributions and donate to Hockey Dreams Foundation.
- You can start fundraising as soon as your registration is complete (registrations are now open!). De deadline for teams to register is October 16th 2020 and the competition runs until April 16th 2021.
- Each week we will publish the interim scores of all teams on the Score 4 Hockey Dreams-page.
- Each month we will share the scores and other updates through the Score 4 Hockey Dreams newsletter.
What can you win?
In gratitude for your team’s support, all members of the participating teams will receive a voucher for 50% discount on your purchases on www.gryphonhockey.eu (when purchasing over € 150).
On top of that, your team has the chance of winning the grand prize:
- Custom GRYPHON Stick for each player of the team. You have the amazing opportunity to design the hockey stick by choosing the colours, add your logo and player’s initials. Each player will have the choice to select the Stick model (From TOUR to TABOO Striker), shape (Mid Bow to Extra Low Bow) and length. The Grand prize will be handed over personally by a GRYPHON Ambassador including a team clinic.
As a bonus, the winning team will be offered:
- Custom stick bag, GRYPHON Thin Finn, at 50% discount (recommended retail price of € 60)
- Custom Protective glove, GRYPHON Gmitt Pro G4, at 50% discount (recommended retail price of €20).
The final score
On April 16, 2021, at 8:00 pm, the final scores are determined for the grand disclosure. Which team has collected the biggest donation? Which team wins for each player a Custom made GRYPHON Elite Stick (Worth up to €380.00) ?
Where are your donations headed?
Hockey Dreams Foundation’s mission is to enable a better future through hockey. We do this by co-creating sustainable hockey communities: the hockey pitch provides a background for local learning opportunities. Coaches and kids from communities with challenging circumstances come together through their passion for the hockey sport. Together they play, share, learn and grow. The players and coaches of today, gain the confidence and competences to be the game changers of tomorrow.
Game of Change
For the coaches, we developed the Hockey Dreams Coach Academy: Game of Change. This is a personal development programme in which we combine education with experiences on and off the hockey pitch. Our coaches discover and develop their personal leadership and their ambitions. In other words, how they can be game changers in their community. They prepare for the job market or an enterprise by finishing high school and continue with college or a micro credit. They gain new coach skills on the pitch, which gives them confidence in their organisational and leadership skills off the pitch and thence become role models for the entire community.
- 3 countries with a Hockey Dreams Community: Zambia, Malawi and Uganda.
- 38 coaches who follow the Hockey Dreams Coach Academy and/or run the activities for the kids. Meet our coaches.
- Over 1000 girls and 1000 boys who train weekly with their Hockey Dreams Coach.
- 22 local schools where coaches run their training blocks.
- 4 Mixed Camps and 2 Girls Camps organised yearly in each Hockey Dreams Community. Next to hockey, camps provide space to address life skills and social themes through hockey.
The coaches and players of today, gain the confidence and competences to be the game changers of tomorrow. We have graduated coaches who got scouted and now have a good job as sports teacher at an (international) private school, graduated coaches who hold a diploma in Hospitality Management and graduated coaches who now work at an NGO as an interviewer in local communes.